We caught up with an Dolly Klock, MD to learn the top 5 misconceptions parents have when having a talk with their kids about body image and sex.
- We already had “the talk”. I’m done. (the importance of ongoing discussions about bodies and sex, sharing values and beliefs, and how these conversations help kids delay sex and have less risky behaviors)
- My teen would never watch porn or participate in sexting. (what parents need to know about both, developmentally normal curiosity, how brain development plays into both).
- Kids are all hooking up these days. (Are they really? How social media plays into this belief, and why it’s important to discuss hookup culture).
- My kid knows that models are all photoshopped. (the importance of talking about unrealistic body types in media, including on social media)
- My kid needs a phone in his/her room at night— it’s the alarm clock. (How tech affects sleep, which in turn affects emotions and learning)
Please share this episode with a friend and subscribe so we can help more parents. Thanks for all your support.
Read more here: https://smartsocial.com/blog/
Join our next webinar to learn the 27 worst apps your students should never use: https://smartsocial.com/#webinars
Join Parent University to get videos to watch with your kids so they can better understand WHY they need to be smart online.
View the top 50+ good and bad teen apps in our Popular App Guide page for Parents and Educators.
Join our newsletter to learn more about our safety tips.
Learn more at https://smartsocial.com