Click Here to Hire Josh Ochs to speak at your organization.
In this student-friendly episode, Josh Ochs talks to 600 students in a middle school teaching them how to shine online. He shares some anti-bullying tips, Instagram safety, Google footprint tactics and more. Please have your students listen to this episode.
Learn more about Parent University: https://smartsocial.com/parent-university/
If you like these tips, please consider rating my podcast! Thanks - Josh
Guest info: Josh Ochs, Founder of https://SmartSocial.com
Ever worry that your 7th-grade kid is doing inappropriate things online that may affect their college application? Let them listen to this episode, as Josh talks to middle school students and teach them how to shine online.
- You are the manager of your own account. Every day, when you post online you can have fun but you can add or delete little tiny parts of it and you can change your brand.
- Be your vibrant self
- Before you respond on Instagram or on email; ask yourself is this Light, Bright and Polite(tm)?"
Josh gives valuable advice to kids who has younger siblings
4 questions to ask your younger sibling to keep them safe online
- Is it okay to share your password with your best friend?
- Is it okay to talk to someone online when your parents don’t know
- If I see bullying online and I click like or hard on that post does that mean that I'm bullying also
- If I see something bad online who should I tell?
Josh teaches the kids on how to use social media as their resume
- How colleges use Google to search for you online
- Positive fun ways to be on Instagram
- Four influential people on social media today
- How to get fire from work with just one tweet
3 step plan to take charge of how you look online
- If you post it you can take it down
- If your friends post that, ask for politely to take it down
- If somebody else that you don't know and you don't like their post and it's hurting your story that's when you talk to your parents
Next Steps for Podcast Listeners: Join Parent University to get videos to watch with your kids so they can better understand WHY they need to be smart online. Please share this episode with a friend and subscribe so we can help more parents. Thanks for all your support.
Read more here: https://smartsocial.com/blog/
Join our next webinar to learn the 30 worst apps your students should never use: https://smartsocial.com/#webinars
Join Parent University to get videos to watch with your kids so they can better understand WHY they need to be smart online.
View the top 50+ good and bad teen apps in our Popular App Guide page for Parents and Educators.
Learn more at https://smartsocial.com