Join Parent University to help your students to shine online.
Hire Josh Ochs to speak at your organization.
The news is buzzing with tons of digital safety updates this week. In this Parent University member newsletter we talk about why a teenager was charged for bullying others on Snapchat this week, why the Attorney General is issuing a warning about the Musical.ly app, what parents need to know about the new Instagram and Snapchat updates, how families can protect themselves from data breaches like Facebook’s, the negative effects of social media, how students can shine online, and more.
Table of Contents
3 Social Media Safety Stories For Parents:
- Teen Charged for Using Snapchat to Bully Another Teen
- Arkansas Attorney General Issues Warning over Musical.ly App
- Police Are Investigating Threats Made by Teens on the Houseparty App
3 Safety Threats You Need to Know This Week:
- What Parents Need to Know about the Facebook Data Breach
- Many Android Apps May Be Tracking Children Unlawfully
- Consumer Groups Say YouTube Is Improperly Collecting Children’s Data
Popular App Updates worth Noting This Week:
- Snapchat Introduces Group Video Chat and Mentions
- Instagram Is Testing a New Feature Similar to Snapchat’s “Snapcode”
- Teens Prefer Snapchat over Instagram
- Whatsapp Allows Users to Download Deleted Media Files
3 Stories About the Negative Effects of Social Media:
- Student Expelled for Posting about a Teacher on Instagram
- How 1 Snapchat Post Got a Student Expelled and Halted Their Sports Recruitment
- Harvard Rescinds Admissions from Students over Private Facebook Group
3 Examples of How Your Student Can Be Positive on Social Media:
- How YouTube Improved a Student’s Google Results
- Teen Uses LinkedIn to Change Their Future
- Blog Helps Position Teen as Thought Leader and Advocate
Next Steps for Podcast Listeners: Join Parent University to get videos to watch with your kids so they can better understand WHY they need to be smart online. Please share this episode with a friend and subscribe so we can help more parents. Thanks for all your support.
Read the whole post here: https://smartsocial.com/parent-university-week-1/
Join our next webinar to learn the 30 worst apps your students should never use: https://smartsocial.com/#webinars
Join Parent University to get videos to watch with your kids so they can better understand WHY they need to be smart online.
View the top 50+ good and bad teen apps in our Popular App Guide page for Parents and Educators.
Learn more at https://smartsocial.com